Where Will Your Career in Mental Health Take You?
I am fulfilled knowing that I get the opportunity to make a difference every day.
My supervisor models skills and abilities that I aspire to.
I love the teamwork of my team and the morale is awesome.
Greater Lakes’ benefits package is AMAZING!
I love my job and enjoy the people that I work with.
I believe Greater Lakes has shown a strong commitment to recovery and resiliency.
The medical and dental benefits are better than any company I have worked for.
The transparency that the agency has with its employees is very refreshing.
The benefits package is wonderful!
I love the camaraderie among the employees.
Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare offers a wide range of career opportunities. From entry level to advanced, administrative to clinical, your next exciting opportunity could be in one of the following positions:
Why is Greater Lakes known as a great place to work?
- We are a non-profit agency of over 350 talented professionals who love what we do – providing top quality mental health services to the citizens of Pierce County. Highly regarded in the mental health field, Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare is as committed to staff satisfaction as we are to great customer service.
- Greater Lakes provides an excellent benefit package to staff in Regular Full Time and Regular Part Time positions (positions that are regularly scheduled to work 24 to 40 hours per week):
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability insurance – 100% paid premiums for Regular Full Time Staff (80% paid premiums for Regular Part Time Staff) and partial contribution for qualified dependent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement Plan – 3% agency contribution to your 401(k) starting at your 1st anniversary
- Paid Holidays – 9 days each year
- Generous Paid Time Off (for vacation, personal time, and short-term illness) – accrue 21 days of PTO each year – that’s right – you get over 4 weeks Paid Time Off even in the first year, 26 days after 3 years, 31 days after 15 years, and 5 days of Long-Term Sick leave each year (PTO and LTS are prorated for Regular Part Time Staff)
- Employee Assistance Plan – provides free counseling and resource referral on a wide variety of work, family, or personal concerns
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Tuition Reimbursement for job-related training
Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare is proud to offer Masters level internship opportunities in our Adult as well as our Child & Family outpatient programs. Interns carry a caseload, providing individual and family therapy, co-facilitation of group therapy, and collaboration with other professionals.
In both programs, the minimum expectation is a 9 month commitment, with a schedule that includes at least three days/20 hours a week. While individual intern schedules vary, the minimum expectation per week is not negotiable. Our interns must be enrolled at their universities for the entire length of the 9 month minimum commitment. Many interns stay longer than 9 months in order to meet their university’s requirements.
We provide a well-rounded, clinically rich internship opportunity. If you are interested in applying for a Masters level internship at Greater Lakes, please send a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be considered for volunteer opportunities, please call (253) 620-5187.
Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare is committed to a policy of equal opportunity, equal treatment and non-discrimination in all employment and service provisions, in compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
If you would like to request disability accommodation in the application/employment process, please call the ADA Coordinator/Human Resources Department: phone – (253) 620-5014 or email email@example.com
Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.